Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thoughts On Writing

I want to be a writer; but do I want to do the nitty, gritty, every day, up and down task of writing?  Do I have what it takes to be a writer?  Do I want to be a writer without all the hard work?  I don't know.  It's something I must explore.  I know I will not rest until I know for sure.  As far back as I can remember I've dabbled in writing.  I've always kept a journal, starting in the fourth grade.  Just getting my toes wet enough to give me a taste.  Maybe I thought if I never pursued it whole heartedly, I never would have to find out that maybe I don't have what it takes.

I've come to a point where I have to pursue this.  No matter the outcome.  I need to know.  And so I write.  Maybe I'll write for myself or maybe, just maybe I'll write for others and let them into my world for a time.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: