Thursday, May 10, 2012

Five Things That Help Me deal With Chronic Illness

It is hard to live with chronic pain and exhaustion form day to day.  I notice when I am tired or in pain I tend to snap at people more easily.  I think it's because I feel like I don't have much control over even the simplest things.  It's times like these that I have to scale back and try to come up with things that will  nurture me, but  don't require a lot of energy.  Here are five things I've come up with.

1. Visit restministries. This is a wonderful website for people 
    with chronic illnesses.
2. Spend time with your pet or someone else's.  I have a toy 
    poodle who loves to snuggle up to me.  I can feel myself relax 
    just by being near him.
3. Listen to some inspiring music.  I especially love listening 
    to Mandisa's new Cd.  It's like the songs were hand picked 
    just  for me. I also like listening to a cd of ocean waves.
4. Read a good devotional for people with chronic illness.  It
    always helps me to be reminded that other people get what it's 
    like to live with a chronic illness. One i especially like is 
    called Peace in the Storm by Maureen Pratt.


5.Write in a journal.  It helps me to get things out on paper and 
   sort through my feelings.


I hope these ideas helped you think of some simple ways to comfort yourself when you are having a bad day.

No comments: