Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dealing With the Ups and Downs of Living With a Chronic Illness

There are so many things I want to do.  So many things I want to do for my kids.  My body doesn't always cooperate with what's going on in my mind and all my creative imaginations.  That can be hard.

One day I feel almost normal and am close to being the mother I want to be, but the next day a flare can hit and I'm reminded once again that pain and chronic illness are never far away.  I try not to focus on that.  I embrace the times I am feeling better and am so grateful for them.  When I am not feeling so good I try to learn something from those moments too.   I try to learn to be content.  Content with what is.  Content with who God made me to be. Content with the fact that I have two beautiful children and a husband who provides for us.


I will take the good with the bad.  How do you handle tough circumstances?

No comments: