Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dealing With Frustrations in the Midst of Blessings

I just spent the past week at my mom's house in Michigan.  The kids came with me.  I had been wanting to do that for a long time, but always had to wait until my husband was able to come with us.  It is hard for me to drive that long.  It bothered me that my mom usually had to make the drive to our house in order to visit with us.  Megabus has been a real blessing.  It gives me a little bit of freedom.  I do not like having to rely on other people. 

We had a wonderful time there.  My mother was so thrilled that we were able to come.  We took the kids swimming at a local recreation center.  It was an incredible pool, with a huge water slide, three whirl pools and rafts that you could float on.  It was fun for the kids, and relaxing for me.  We also went to the art museum, huge outlet mall, and the Henry Ford Museum. 

I wasn't feeling that great the week I was there.  I did make sure to pace myself and rest when we got home.  I'm not sure why I'm feeling worse than normal.  I've been feeling light headed and overly tired than usual.  My doctor did say there was a chance the gluten free diet I'm on may make me feel worse at first.  I'm not convinced yet that that is the problem.  There are so many things I want to do, but just can't always keep up.  I wonder if there will ever come a time when that does not frustrate me.  How do you deal with frustrations from chronic illness?

No comments: