Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ever Feel Discouraged?

My doctor put me on a gluten free diet a month ago hoping it would ease some of my fibromyalgia symptoms.  So far not only have I not felt better, I feel worse!  She wants me to stay on it for another two months.   She did say it could make me feel worse at first.  I'm thinking though that after a month I should at least not be feeling worse.  Most of the people I've read about or talked to didn't have this problem when going on a gluten free diet.

I'm trying to have a positive attitude, but it's hard to stay away from your favorite foods when you are not seeing results.  I'm thinking maybe there is gluten in my meds that I'm not aware of.  I'm not sure.  I'm going to hang in there and pray for God to help me get through another two months.   Is anyone else on a gluten free diet and not seen results quickly?  I'd love to hear from you.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Amanda Kimberley said...

Hi Tanya! I love your blog! And yes, I felt discouraged when I tried to go gluten-free because I couldn't find a bread I liked.
They all seem to crumble too quickly if there's no gluten helping it to stick together.

I don't know why your doctor wants you to stay on this for three months. I saw a Dr. Oz show that said two weeks was sufficient-- but that's a different doctor and a different opinion.

As for your assumption about gluten being in other uncommon things like your meds-- it's possible. There is gluten in the glue on envelopes so don't lick them (another tip from the Dr Oz show).

This show just recently aired here in CT so you might be able to find it on his website. The show had to do with weight loss and gluten-free dieting, but it still had a TON of great info. Hope this helps and Stay Fabulous!

Kim

P.S. I added you to my links page. You can find your blog here http://www.fibroandfabulous.com/p/links-page.html